Andhra train accident The accident passed between two passenger trains on the Howrah- Chennai line last evening in Vizianagaram quarter.
Tragedy Andhra Train Accident: 13 Lives Lost, 40 Injured
Hyderabad: Thirteen people failed and 40 were injured in Andhra Train Accident, after a passenger train overstepped the signal and hit another from before on the Howrah- Chennai line last evening.
There are the top 10 points in this big story
- A special passenger train between Visakhapatnam and Palasa was on defined speed on the main line between Alamanda and Kantakapalle due to no signal when a Vizag- Rayagada passenger train hit it from before.
2. The last three trainers of the Visakhapatnam- Palasa train and the locomotive of the Visakhapatnam- Rayagada passenger train along with two trainers, got derailed, DRM Saurabh Prasad told NDTV. One trainer derailed and rested on a goods train cart on one side.
3. In Andhra Train Accident the death count increased to 13 from nine last night, Vizianagaram Collector Nagalakshmi verified to NDTV, hoping to complete the deliverance sweats by this morning. At least 40 were injured and are being treated at colorful hospitals.
4. Eighteen trains have been cancelled so far and 22 diverted, Mr Biswajit Sahu, PRO, told NDTV this morning. He said the accident may have passed due to the fault of the Vizag- Rayagada loco airman, who failed in the impact of the collision. Railroads sources had before said that signalling may not have been noticed by the loco airman.
5. Filmland from the point last evening showed the trainers derailed and people crowding around. Except the derailed and affected trainers, the point was cleared by night, said Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw.
6. Chief Minister YSR Jagan Mohan Reddy has blazoned fiscal backing of ₹10 lakh for the family of those who failed. Individuals who endured grave injuries will receive ₹2.5 lakh, while passengers with less severe injuries will receive ₹50,000.
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has examined the circumstances and expressed his sorrow over the deaths.. He blazoned another ₹ 2 lakh backing for the family of those who failed in the mishap and ₹50,000 for the harmed parties.
8. The road minister also spoke to Chief Minister Reddy, who expressed deep shock over the accident and ordered all arrangements to be made to insure treatment of the injured. Mr Reddy has also sought time- to- time update on the incident.
9. The war room in Delhi road ministry is covering the situation, said the Railroads source. The East Coast Railway has released helpline figures(Bhubaneswar-0674-2301625, 2301525, 2303069, and Waltair-0891-2885914.)
10. Nearly five months agone , a terrible accident involving three trains killed over 280 passengers in Odisha. The Shalimar- Chennai Central Coromandel Express, Bengaluru- Howrah Superfast Express and a goods train were involved in the accident on June 2 near the Bahanaga Bazar station.