With more than 86 meters to be dug out, the vertical drilling for the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse rescue efforts is still ongoing.
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse live updates: The vertical drilling to rescue the 41 trapped workers in the collapsed section of the Uttarkashi tunnel is currently underway, with the agencies exploring multiple plans on the sixteenth day of the procedure.
Beginning on Sunday afternoon, the Silkyara hill will be vertically drilled for the purpose of rescuing the trapped workers. Approximately 110 meters of the slope will be excavated. With about 86 meters remaining, the machine has already dug 20 meters of the hill in a quick operation.
The vertical drilling equipment was introduced when the American auger, which was stuck in the metal grinder during its attempt to dig the tunnel horizontally, failed. These are the salient features of the rescue operation.
- The operation is fast-paced because the vertical drilling machine has already bored 20 meters into the ground in the first 12 hours of the rescue mission.
- From the top of the hill, the vertical drilling machine is moving quickly, and the plasma machine that was transported in from Hyderabad is removing the auger machine from the pipe on the tunnel’s side.
- A tiny 6-inch tunnel set into the debris is used to provide water, medical supplies, and freshly cooked food to the stranded men.
- A helicopter and a harness rope will be used to rescue the 41 stranded workers out of the collapsed tunnel after the vertical drilling is finished.
- The final leg of the mission is currently in progress, and it is expected that the rescue efforts will take an additional twenty-four hours.Follow all the updates here:
- Nov 27, 2023 12:50 PM IST
Live updates on the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: 31 meters of vertical digging
Significant progress has been made; the last 31 meters of vertical drilling are now finished, and manual drilling will soon start.
- Nov 27, 2023 12:15 PM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: Centre takes stock of rescue opsPrincipal Secretary to the PM Pramod Kumar Mishra, Union Home Secretary Ajay Kumar Bhalla and Uttarakhand Chief Secy SS Sandhu have arrived at the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse site to take stock of the situation.
- Nov 27, 2023 11:47 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: Manual drilling to start soonUnder the guidance of the Indian Army, a group of rat miners has been gathered to begin the manual drilling of the collapsed tunnel.
- Nov 27, 2023 11:15 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: Damaged pipe being removed
After the removal of the auger machine, the damaged pipe is being removed from the tunnel, said the officials.
- Nov 27, 2023 10:47 AM IST
Live updates on the collapse of the Uttarakhand tunnel: damaged auger components removedThe auger machine’s damaged components have been successfully extracted from the tunnel, bringing the rescuers one step closer to the workers who are trapped.
Nov 27, 2023 10:26 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: Vertical drilling to be over soon
According to officials, the team may be able to complete the tunnel’s vertical drilling by coming Thursday if they encounter no obstacles.
- Nov 27, 2023 09:55 AM IST
Live updates on the collapse of the Uttarakhand tunnel: buckets will be used to save workersAfter the pipe is successfully installed into the tunnel after vertical drilling, the trapped workers will be lifted using buckets dropped into the pipe, one by one.
- Nov 27, 2023 09:27 AM IST
LIVE updates on the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: stable food and water suppliesThe 6-inch supply pipe is steadily supplying the 41 trapped workers in the Uttarkashi tunnel with hot food and fresh water.
- Nov 27, 2023 09:06 AM IST
LIVE updates on the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: sideways drilling investigatedAfter freeing the jammed auger, officials are considering starting sideways drilling in case Monday’s vertical drilling operations encounter difficulties.
- Nov 27, 2023 08:48 AM IST
Live updates on the collapse of the Uttarakhand tunnel: What comes next for rescue operations?Within the following 12 to 24 hours, it is anticipated that the vertical drilling will be finished, and the workers will probably be airlifted out of a steel pipe. A medical team will be on standby to assist with their rapid transport to a nearby medical facility.
- Nov 27, 2023 08:35 AM IST
LIVE updates on the collapse of the Uttarakhand tunnel: What happens if the drilling fails?In the 6 plans mapped out by the agencies on Uttarakhand tunnel collapse rescue mission, it has been stated that if vertical drilling fails, they will resort to sideways drilling or drift technology to get the workers out.
- Nov 27, 2023 08:16 AM IST
Uttarakhand tunnel collapse LIVE updates: Indian Army joins opsThe officers of the Indian Army have joined the rescue efforts in the Uttarakhand tunnel accident, and their task is to manually extract the fragments of the American auger from the debris.
- Nov 27, 2023 07:57 AM IST
Live updates on the Uttarakhand tunnel collapse: manual digging is the last optionAs a final resort, the rescue crews will probably start manually boring the tunnel to extract the fragments of the damaged drill from the debris.
- Nov 27, 2023 07:38 AM IST
LIVE updates on the collapse of the Uttarakhand tunnel: only 86m remainThe rescue efforts will probably be completed by tomorrow morning, as there are just 86 meters of vertical drilling remaining. Rescuers will excavate the tunnel and then use an airlift to extract the stranded personnel.
- Nov 27, 2023 07:25 AM IST
Live updates on the tunnel collapse in Uttarakhand: Rapid vertical drillingOnly roughly 86 meters remain for the machine to dig through in order to free the trapped miners on Day 1 of vertical drilling. The machine has already plowed through 20 meters of debris.